Saturday, July 18, 2015

TIG

a Netflix original - documentary

(2015)

(my 104th review on Netflix)


I am a BC (before cataclysms) fan of Tig Notaro so admittedly I am "presold". However I loved this documentary with the only negative being that I wished it could have included more standup. I am guessing that inclusion of a set might have broken the flow of this documentary. I learned so much about Tig, beyond the public evidence of comedy and bravery. The direction, editing and music background were excellent. Walking the viewer through her fertility issues was most generous of her and the potential surrogate and her family. Tig is funny in a superhero sense, some of us can hardly smile our way through a commute to our work. This documentary is informative and involving. Most of all this is a documentary which can approaches its subject through so many aspects of her life that it is watchable by any adult. Tig is a survivor and as a bonus for her fans supremely funny.



No comments:

Post a Comment