Friday, September 8, 2017

It
(based on the Stephen King novel)

R rated
2 hours 15 minutes running time

This film was amazing. IT was more of a thriller than a horror movie (except for the opening scene), but  I was fine with that as ordinary clowns bother me. The 2 hours and 15 minutes sped by.  Due to my clown and jump scare issues, I did scan book summaries and tried to de-sensitize myself with many trailers/reviews. In this movie, Pennywise was more of a vector for the evil permeating the town with the horrific and/or neglectful adults, monstrous bullies and terrified children.

The directing by Andy Muschietti was on point. Most of the characters in this film were children.They were all totally believable. While some of that is talent, the director and writers (Chase Palmer, Cary Fukunaga and Gary Dauberman) also performed their duties masterfully.



























No comments:

Post a Comment