Monday, April 24, 2017

Fortitude

2 seasons with 22 episodes (as of 04/2017) TV series

watched on Amazon Prime 04/22/2017

I am not going to admit to liking this series  I will say it kept me riveted in a binge-watch of one weekend. Fortitude is a fictional town situated in the Norwegian portion of the Arctic. There are only 4 police officers for approximately 700 townspeople.

The violence and visuals of this series go beyond graphic. Nudity, blood, violence, serial killings; this series has it all. The sex is rather mild and infrequent. Many of the characters act calmly and logically in one scene to randomly and bizarrely in the next scene.

I would love to see how the show-runner for this series handles the next plot development should this series be renewed for a season 3.

This series "jumps the shark" so many times that it becomes a metaphorical teacup ride at Disney World.  I was looking for a quirky mystery series.  I found a series that can best be described as Fargo  on Ayahuascha.

I recommend this series to viewers who like the series, American Horror Story, Lost, Game of Thrones, the movie American Psycho and any movie by Ingmar Bergman.

No comments:

Post a Comment