Friday, April 14, 2017



The Fate of the Furious
(#8 in the Fast and The Furious series)


Seen in theater on 04/13/2017





This was a live action cartoon. It was funny and held my attention.

The Fate of The Furious is a great mash-up of the video games Rocket League, Mario Kart with sprinkles of (the "previous" generation) BBC's Top Gear. I mean who needs all those pesky laws of physics and an involved plot when you want to just consume your popcorn and forget all those real-life issues on your smart phone's news feed.

In general the actors who made this film watchable (excluding all the stunts of course) were Dwayne (The Rock) Johnson, Jason Statham, Charlize Theron and another actor (in a short format) who did most of his scenes with Jason Statham and will not be named to avoid spoilers in this review. In a few, too few, short scenes Kurt Russell and Helen Miirren added expert, smart dialogue.

The editing was very fast paced, however I wanted more stunts.  Some of explosions seemed a bit CGI’d, but did not take me out of the movie. I complement the director and writer for not bogging down a fun time with Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham with huge amounts of exposition and backstory.

I have only seen a few of the previous 7 movies in this series.  While I am sure that I missed a few Easter eggs, I still had a good time (and plenty of popcorn).




No comments:

Post a Comment