Saturday, March 3, 2018

Thoughts -- 03/03/2018


The Shape of Water (see Lindsay Ellis "My Monster Boyfriend" published 03/02/18)


I always enjoy these discussions of cinema as it pertains to our psychology and sociology. However in my non-intellectual, non-informed and shall we say random theories, I believe women, while susceptible to beauty, are more evolved into seeing nobility, honesty and intelligence in a less than visually pleasing entity.  Full disclosure: I am and identify as, female.

comment to a 03/02/18 published review of Death Wish (2018) of SJ news on You Tube

Didn't, nor do I wish to, see this movie (in any format). My negative feelings are just based on the trailer and reviews. Did Eli Roth want to make a point, a la The Purge movie? Maybe to persuade the part of the population kind of uncertain regarding gun laws along with undiagnosed/untreated mental instability. However considering the Occam's razor algorithm, maybe this release date is due to contractual issues (actor, copyright, insurance whatever). Highly probable that this film had to be released before a particular deadline.




No comments:

Post a Comment